OPRAH WINFREY BECOMES PROPHETESS OF A NEW RELIGION
Oprah Winfrey is not content with her wealth and fame. Now she is becoming the prophetess of a new religion.
Oprah Winfrey will be going all out on her XM Satellite Radio program in 2008 with a year-long study of "A Course in Miracles." A lesson a day throughout the year will completely the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles "Workbook.”
This all started in 1965 when a Jewish atheistic psychologist from Columbia University began to write down a 1,000 pages of messages from a spirit she believed to be Jesus. As she wrote, she says, the words “This is a course in miracles” appeared. This inspired the course’s name “A Course in Miracles.”
The course promises to “provide a way in which some people will be able to find their own Internal Teacher"- -in other words, their personal ‘Spirit Guide.’”
The Course teaches:
- Evil does not exist. It is an illusion that must be overcome by right thinking
- There is no need to feel guilt because there is no sin. Sin does not exist.
- No one is punished for sins, and the Sons of God (all of us) are not sinners
- There is likewise no need for the cross because there was never a transgression that needed to be dealt with by God, only a mistake.
- Many desire some form of "spirituality" but see the Bible as being too harsh, The Course offers what they believe to be God's correction of our misinterpretation of the original message of Jesus.
- There are no absolutes; truth is relative and is determined by one's experience.
- Jesus reached total actualization of the Christ mind, and was then given by God the power to help the rest of us reach that place within ourselves
- "Jesus and other enlightened masters are our evolutionary elder brothers."
- "Jesus reached total actualization of the Christ mind, and was then given by God the power to help the rest of us reach that place within ourselves."
The conclusion is: don’t worry about your conduct, since there is no such thing as sin. Believe what you want to believe, there is no absolute truth. It doesn’t matter whether you follow Buddha, Krishna , or Jesus as your enlightened leader. Don’t worry about hell, there is no punishment.
Oprah is no longer satisfied with entertaining people; she apparently wants to become a prophetess; a guru of a false, religion, the leader of a cult.